AED’s in the Work Place

Protect your Employee's and Business

Markets / AED’s in the Work Place

Join the Thousands of Business:

For over a decade, workplaces of every size and industry have selected Philips HeartStart AEDs and solutions for their early defibrillation programs. Make the right choice. Choose Philips and CF Medical, Inc.

Forward-thinking organizations and communities are establishing early defibrillation programs in shopping malls, airports, businesses, health clubs, and across entire towns and cities.  Now you can empower our organization with the same confidence, peace of mind and invaluable preparedness.

Early defibrillation programs are the key to heart-safe employment:

Because SCA is life Threatening and fast response is critical for survival, more and more offices, factories and other places of work are adopting early defibrillation programs to help ensure people’s safety.  These programs provide AEDs along with planning and implementation to ensure their successful use.  In addition to helping save lives, deploying and AED as part of a well-run, well-designed program can help you:

  • Increase employee morale and customer satisfaction by providing a safer environment
  • Create a positive public image
  • Differentiate your organization in the marketplace
  • Reduce your organizations liability risk (when AEDs are required)

Depending on your emergency security model, health and safety guidelines or local laws on placement, you may want to deploy AEDs with trained emergency or security personnel, or strategically positioned for employee and public access.

[Photo Area]

CF Medical has been providing AEDs in corporations, factories, law offices and throughout our communities for over 18 years.  We have the knowledge and expertise to help you implement a Heart Safe working environment.  We offer free site inspections and AED placement recommendations.  We can also assist in emergency procedures and policies.

Utilization and Impact of AEDs in the Workplace: A Survey of Occupational Health Physicians

Barbara Toeppen-Sprigg, MD, MPH, Warner Hudson, MD, Doris L. Konicki, MHS, Colleen K. DiIorio, PhD, and Pamela J. Kennedy, BA


Each year, approximately 1 million Americans die of cardiovascular disease. (1) Of these, between 300,000 to 400,000 die due to cardiac arrest, a sudden and unexpected loss of heart function. When cardiac arrest occurs outside of a hospital, survival rates are extremely low, in a range of 1 to 5 percent.

The most common cause of cardiac arrest is chaotic beating of the heart, also known as ventricular fibrillation. If an electric shock (defibrillation) is administered early enough, the heart can be restored to a normal rhythm resulting in survival rates approaching 50% and even as high as 90 percent, according to some studies. (2,3,4) However, the likelihood of survival without neurological problems decreases by about 10%, with each passing minute.  

(5) The use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) offers a cost-effective, safe method of providing electric shock to victims of out-of-the-hospital (OHCA) cardiac arrest. (6) Since AEDs were first introduced in 1979, (7) their cost has decreased significantly and their design has been improved, making them suitable for use by laypersons in public places. As AED technology has advanced and its success in saving lives has been documented, discussion has increased regarding its use in the workplace. The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) believes strongly that AEDs offer an important safety resource in the workplace and that their use should be aggressively promoted in order to reduce workplace fatalities. (8) ACOEM undertook a study in August 2003 to ascertain the utilization and impact of AEDs in the workplace. Based on this survey, those companies employing an AED program experienced a 66% favorable response rate when the AED was deployed.

Source: American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine